There are a lot of factors involved at the time of garage demolition. Due to these factors, the cost for the project also depends. If you have an old garage and wish to get it demolished, then you need to understand these factors defining the cost.
- Attached or Detached Garage – A garage attached to houses will be expensive compared to a detached garage. In order to get rid of an attached garage, there are factors involved with the likes of physical condition, proper planning etc.
- Size – The cost for garage demolition is bound to increase if the garage has additional stalls.
- Material – For demolishing a structure, materials play a huge role. For example; demolishing a structure comprising of bricks is bound to be expensive. However, it will be cheaper if the garage is made of a wood frame. Plus, if the garage is made of cinder blocks, decent and recement, then it is cheaper to demolish and also easier to recycle.
- Hazardous Material – If your garage contains materials like lead paint and asbestos, they are regarded as hazardous where the price is going to be on the higher side for demolishing. These hazardous materials can cause health issues requiring careful work while removing them.
- Complexity – If your garage comprises of the presence of electrical wires and plumbing pipes, it is a difficult procedure for demolition. Moreover, the difficult procedure is also going to make the project costly.
These are the factors that define the cost of garage demolition. In the region of Newcastle, demolition services are offered by professional demolition contractors.